So I may have mentioned before that I have the hardest time in the world getting chocolate chip cookies to turn out well. It’s a mixture of altitude with who knows what else that causes every recipe I’ve tried to fall woefully flat… for real. Until now that is. 🙂
Tonight I tried THIS recipe that I had pinned sometime back, but hadn’t tried because my chocolate chip cookie confidence is about as low as you can get. But Hurb requested some when I was getting ready to make some no-bake energy bites. 😉 Since it’s been a zillion years since I’ve actually baked him cookies, how could I refuse?
So I swapped out my plans for a healthy snack for this cookie trial. I’m really glad that I did! The “secret” ingredient is (drum roll) corn starch. 😉 Ha! That and not over baking them! They turn out puffy and chewy and absolutely delicious!!! Wow! Oh, and I didn’t have a cup of choco-chips so ours were actually Chocolate, White and Butterscotch Chip Cookies. 😉
Finally the search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe has ended!! I will no longer dread the thought of making cookies. They come together quickly, bake quickly, and vanish pretty quickly as well. 😉 If you’ve ever had cookie flops like me, you may want to give these a whirl.
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen.