I’ve been MIA. Didja miss me? 🙂 Ha ha! Probably not, but that’s okay.

Stuart had a couple of days off for Fall break last week. By the way, there are other school districts even in our SAME county who get 2 weeks off for Fall break and all this one will give their teachers is 2 measly days?!? What’s up with that?? Just wondering. 😉 BUT we enjoyed our mini-break anyway. Hied ourselves to Grandma and Grandpa Zahn’s. The boys got to spend the entire time at the grandparent’s house! Usually we all camp out at Oma’s, but since my brother recently got a pad of his own there is now space for the lads to stay at Grandma’s! They loved it!! I loved it too!! Stu and I and Ella stayed with Oma and actually got to sleep since we didn’t have the added pressure of making the boys comfy the whole time. It was great and we really did feel like we got a break! Thanks, Mom!!!

Oma got to meet Ella for the first time, and I think the two Marcellas hit it off well! 🙂 Oma likes to rock babies, Ella likes to be rocked, so it works out pretty well! We slept in while we were there since the boys weren’t there to wake us up, and Oma fed us really good breakfasts!! I LOVE her French toast!! It doesn’t really taste the same when I do it. Hmmmmm….

We had a nice relaxing weekend. Stu and I had an Olive Garden date!! Woo-Hoo!!! Kidless even! And we chilled out at Starbucks with Ella one morning. She was oblivious, but we enjoyed it!

All grand things do come to an end however, and reality crashed in on us rather quickly as we came home. Our two angel boys, who are typically good travelers, fussed and fought and whined nearly the whole way home! We had to make 2 unscheduled stops to deal with them along the way. They absolutely refused to sleep at all in the car, except the last 10 min when Myles finally crashed. Then Qade sacked out once we got home, but Myles wouldn’t go back to sleep. Made for an interesting evening for both lads.

This morning went really well, but come nap time things fell apart. Actually it’s mostly my fault. Myles fell asleep for about 10 min before lunch and I didn’t realize it till it was too late. Hence the reason why, even though he was a MAJOR grumpy gills today, when I put him down for his nap at 12:30 he didn’t feel like falling asleep. *sigh* Fast forward to 2 o’clock when it was Qade’s turn to go down, STILL Myles was up! Oh my! So I sat in their room till Myles finally fell asleep 2:30. By now Ella has decided it is time to eat, so I leave with Qade drowsy but not quite asleep HOPING that he would crash out. No such luck. I fought with him for the next hour and a half to get him to sleep. Nopers! Finally, he got one last time out for being out of his bed and playing, and then I hauled him out to the living room where I made him sit on a chair quietly. It’s very very frustrating to me when the boys fight me on nap time. That’s the one time of day that I count on to breath a little and get some things done. Now that Ella is here, she generally needs some attention at some point during that time too which cuts down even more on what I’m able to do. I need to just chill and go with the flow and not worry so much about “getting things done” but I can’t help myself to a point. I have a hard time just letting it all go. But I’m working on it. In the mean time I hope to get the boys back onto a good schedule where we’re all getting enough sleep and enough exercise and not nearly so crabby. 😉 Mommy included. Ha!

Hope you all are groovy! <- this is my new "cool" word. 😉

One reply on “Relax”